Interfacing GMC-300E Plus to radmon site - WiFi connection options?

More
6 years 9 months ago #3313 by mnrad
Hi all,

My station (GQ GMC-300E plus) is currently hooked directly to the USB port on my office desktop computer and running RadLog for submissions. In a few months i'll be taking a field position where I won't have an office or computer. At home I don't have a desktop I could devote to the logging and submissions.

I'd like to power the device using USB and was wondering if there are any options to take the readings directly via WiFi to the radmon server without using a dedicated desktop (at least at this point). Sorry i'm a bit more of a noob when it comes to doing DIY projects like this, but would like to keep my station on the air!

Thanks
Peter, N0DAR
The following user(s) said Thank You: Citibroker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #3318 by jnissen
I run a GMC-300 and I had it on a PC for a while but eventually moved it to a Beagle Bone Black board with a wifi dongle. The same can be accomplished with the Raspberry Pi 3 since that board has integrated Wifi. So a single cable from the detector to the Pi and then connect via WiFI using the pyradmon program available here --> http://radmon.org/index.php/kunena/pyradmon/108-pyradmon-install-and-set-up-on-raspberry-pi-wheezy-raspbian
The following user(s) said Thank You: mw0uzo, mnrad

More
6 years 9 months ago #3319 by mnrad
Thanks for the tips! I'll be looking into interfacing with Raspberry pi and pyradmon. Familiar with Arduino here but should be transferrable knowledge

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds