August 9th 2019 Russian Accident?

More
4 years 8 months ago #4523 by jnissen
Is Putin covering up a nuclear disaster? Ambulances covered in protective film transport six Russians who suffered severe radiation poisoning in mystery explosion during 'test of new hypersonic missile'
The spike in radiation in Russia yesterday may have been caused when one of Vladimir Putin's top secret Zircon hypersonic missiles exploded during tests, according to news reports in the country.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7340445/Putins-6-000-mph-hypersonic-missile-exploded-test-causing-radiation-spike-north-Russia.html?ito=email_share_article-top

Also

http://news.trust.org/item/20190809093035-01tbh/
The following user(s) said Thank You: mw0uzo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #4524 by nzoomed
Was reading this story today, seems suspicious and looks like Putin is not giving all the details.
Likely a classified project. I didnt think any missiles are using nuclear propulsion and not exactly sure why it would be required?
Im wondering if a nuclear missile was exploded and damaged the warhead, releasing radiation in the process?
More details may come out in the following weeks.

More
4 years 8 months ago #4527 by matthieu
Hi,
did you see any increasing numbers in radmon.org data? I took a short look at the stations close to or in Russia and couldn't spot any unusual numbers.
I also don't expect much news, because the more time goes by the better they should be at keeping low profile.
I'm asking myself if we will see more such incidents, following the retreat from INF from both sides.

Regards,
Matthieu

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #4530 by Simomax
Maybe this sheds some light?

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-08-12/russia-s-missile-explosion-means-it-failed-two-tests?srnd=good-business

Russia Has Failed Another Nuclear Test

Moscow isn’t the only place where you can see signs that all is not well in Vladimir Putin’s Russia. A Russian missile test gone wrong on Aug. 8 took at least five lives. The confused partial explanations that followed confirmed that the Russian authorities can’t be trusted to tell the world or their own people the truth about nuclear accidents.

Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Simomax.

More
4 years 8 months ago #4538 by nzoomed

Hi,
did you see any increasing numbers in radmon.org data? I took a short look at the stations close to or in Russia and couldn't spot any unusual numbers.
I also don't expect much news, because the more time goes by the better they should be at keeping low profile.
I'm asking myself if we will see more such incidents, following the retreat from INF from both sides.

Regards,
Matthieu

I was looking on the map too.
Biggest problem is there are no real stations in Russia or any other Eastern Bloc countries for that matter.
I also notice that Japan has only one station, such a shame, would be interesting to see if the likes of Chernobyl and Fukushima had some patterns.
Interesting that the station in Blackpool in the UK is so high at around 190 at the time of looking right now. Is this possibly due to the windscale incident?
This station is not far from that area.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #4539 by Simomax
Some more on this:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08-12/russia-belatedly-admits-mystery-blast-involved-mini-nuclear-reactor

Russia has belatedly admitted that the mystery explosion which released radiation into the air last Thursday, triggering warning alerts across towns near the northern port cities of Arkhangelsk and Severodvinsk, involved a “small-scale nuclear reactor”...

...western defense officials and analysts now believe it was a failed test of a Russian nuclear powered cruise missile.

Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Simomax.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds