Not seeing plots on radmon.org

More
8 years 5 months ago #1453 by W8HF
I just recently joined the group and interfaced my MightyOhm kit to radmon.org. I adapted some custom Go code I had already written to report CPM to the web server using the URL request format given in the example BASH scripts. After fixing a couple of bugs in my code it looks like the server has been updating for the last day with a few gaps when I shut the program down to do more tweaking. I see myself on the map and when I click my pin I see the correct current reading with the correct timestamp.

The problem I have is that I see no plots for my data when I click on my station.
http://www.radmon.org/radmon.php?function=showuserpage&user=W8HF
I tried clicking the "Update daily graphs" without success.

Is my software supposed to generate image files for the plots and upload them to the server somehow?
Or did I corrupt something in the database while doing initial testing of my code?

Thanks for any help the community can provide!

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #1454 by Bert490
Hi Steve:
I'm pretty sure the online graphs are generated by the server. Your RPi script should be submitting to RadMon in the same way the Radlog software does; raw CPM values as well as the other values like conversion factor, alert level, etc. It appears the values shown for your map icon are OK, but maybe the problem lies in some other value not shown on the map. I hope an RPi user or the admin can provide better help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: W8HF

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1455 by W8HF
Replied by W8HF on topic Not seeing plots on radmon.org
Thanks for the reply. I could not find any details on the exact format used by Radmon. I based my code on the bash script examples. It looks like the conversion factor was setup when the account was created as well as the description of my setup. I am only sending a timestamp and CPM with a string like this:

radmon.org/radmon.php?function=submit&user=w8hf&password=*********&datetime=2015-10-17%2013:01:58&value=21&unit=CPM

I've had the rPI running and reporting every minute since 13:04:00 UTC. I'll give it a full 24 hours of non-stop reporting and see if the 24 hour graph starts working. I have ran it for a couple of days but had gaps in my data before. If that doesn't work I look to add the othr parameters to my request.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by W8HF. Reason: Change from hyperlink to prevent bogus hits on server

More
8 years 5 months ago #1456 by Bert490
I just sniffed the data output from Radlog:
//www.radmon.org/radmon.php?user=xxxx&password=xxxx&function=submit&datetime=2015-10-18%2005:27:36&value=11.2&unit=CPM

The order is different and there is a datetime field. When I put the string into a browser, the server gave an error about a duplicate entry, showing the datetime value is used. Maybe the order doesn't matter because the field names are given, but I think the date and time are necessary.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1457 by mw0uzo
The date and time aren't absolutely required, if they're not there the time the data was received is used.
There must be some bad data stopping the graphs from rendering. I'll check it out later.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by mw0uzo.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1458 by mw0uzo
The problem is that you only have 3 entries in your data table. Not enough to start drawing the graphs. You might have a problem with the RPi setup.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by mw0uzo.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds