False alert in Blackpool, UK???

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #4542 by nzoomed
Currently is reading 357CPM, was about 190CPM this morning.
Is this a false alarm? I see its very close to windscale, but other stations nearby are reading much lower?
What seems odd is the charts are not showing this level and seem to be around 17CPM, but the marker on the map is showing more.
https://radmon.org/radmon.php?function=showuserpage&user=joseph
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by nzoomed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #4543 by Simomax
It looks like the station is offline. Last report was from a month ago. I'm the other station in Blackpool and everything has been fine for me so nothing coming from Windscale, not that I can tell of anyway. :)
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Simomax.

More
4 years 8 months ago #4544 by nzoomed
lol, it is too! Still not sure why its last reading was so high though?
Obviously the station must have had a fault of some sort.

More
4 years 8 months ago #4548 by mw0uzo
I think the station was experimenting with some new hardware and radmon.org. Leaving it hanging with a high reading is annoying for other users. I am hesitant to add any logic to get rid of false alerts like this, in case it accidentally masks a real one. Unfortunately most of the alerts are not real, hardware failures, experiments etc, but that is the nature of the beast with lots of participating members with different bits of hardware, interest levels, build quality etc.

Stations drop off the map after a month offline. Red alert circles are taken off the top of the map after a week's inactivity
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simomax

More
4 years 8 months ago #4551 by Simomax
I agree with you not wanting to get rid of false alerts. It is possible one day that the last reading on a station could actually be a real one and that data may be useful in the future if the situation ever arises.

More
4 years 8 months ago #4553 by nzoomed

I think the station was experimenting with some new hardware and radmon.org. Leaving it hanging with a high reading is annoying for other users. I am hesitant to add any logic to get rid of false alerts like this, in case it accidentally masks a real one. Unfortunately most of the alerts are not real, hardware failures, experiments etc, but that is the nature of the beast with lots of participating members with different bits of hardware, interest levels, build quality etc.

Stations drop off the map after a month offline. Red alert circles are taken off the top of the map after a week's inactivity

OK makes sense. Does the system send a message to the station owner in such an event?
Probably not a bad idea so they can check the issue and report back if there is a fault or its a genuine reading etc.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 2.445 seconds