Greetings from eastern United States!

• kb3mij
  • kb3mij's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 3 months ago #3784 by kb3mij
Replied by kb3mij on topic Greetings from eastern United States!
Yes, Greetings Eric! The kit does seem to be working quite well. I had to send the ESP8266 back to John, they don't handle low current situations well, and can actually corrupt the program installed, which is what happened. It isn't solar yet, i'm waiting for the dc-dc converter to arrive. Keep in touch! ill have a few more spread across PA in the next year or so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #3785 by ImpBarn
Trayer,
John has good RadMon+ customer support. We worked through a little problem on the ESP8266 on my kit too. Its a clever little device. Mine has been gathering data since April.

I'll be interested in following what you are doing with solar.

(I hang out on the W3HZU 146.97Mhz and W3UU 146.76Mhz 2 meter band repeaters in central PA. Call me if you are on 2 meters.)

de N3FIX
Eric

• kb3mij
  • kb3mij's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 3 months ago #3796 by kb3mij
Replied by kb3mij on topic Greetings from eastern United States!
Eric,
I occasionally monitor the 110 and 210 repeaters, but mainly stick to HF monitoring. We should make it a point to have a qso sometime. I'd enjoy discussing your interest and experience with ionizing and non ionizing radiation! As for my monitoring station, it's quite simple. I have a 2 cell instapark solar panel, instapark 20 watt solar controller, a DC-DC inverter (12v to 5v) a gelcel, and the RadMon+. It's installed in a watertight utility box, mounted outside. It's been too cold to mount it up on the tower, so my carport will do for now. Attached is some pics of the assembly and install. I also have a thingspeak account that logs this telemetry, which I use the thingspeak widget on my phone. So I get real-time data on my home screen on this phone. A click of the widget brings up charts of the data. It's pretty cool.
If you're ever up for some uraninite prospecting up at Jim Thorpe, or any of the other radioactive Triassic cuts in the area, feel free to message me.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds