Fukushima Disaster 11th Anniversary Report

• Simomax
  • Simomax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Nuts about radioactive everything!
More
7 months 1 day ago - 7 months 1 day ago #6635 by Simomax
This is a report compiled by SimplyInfo.org . Despite it being 35 pages long it is concise and a short read. It's very informative and gives a good idea as to what state Fukushima Diiachi is in right now. I have attached a PDF below.

Our early estimation soon after the initial disaster as that unit 1's failure was rapid and dire. TEPCO dismissed such ideas, claiming the unit might have some fuel damage but surely hadn't melted down. Nuclear wonks from the US also insisted the damage to unit 1 was trivial. We now know with confidence that it was indeed a rapid and major meltdown.
By 2012 there was clear evidence that molten fuel had escaped containment into the torus room 
What TEPCO found on inspection indicates a major series of destructive events took place beyond merely melting the reactor fuel. Layers of sediment and fuel debris were apparent on the containment floor and partway up the torus downcomer tubes, documenting the migration of the molten fuel out of the pedestal and out of the containment structure.

There is lots of good info in the report. Short and straight to the point.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Important note: I shamelessly copied their report from their site ( here ) as their embedded reader is a nightmare to use, and I often just get grey pages. I don't think they will mind as it is in the spirit of getting info out. If anyone has an issue with this then please let me know.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 months 1 day ago by Simomax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juzzie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds