Uranium Element sample - Uranyl Zinc Acetate

• Simomax
  • Simomax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Nuts about radioactive everything!
More
4 years 5 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #4800 by Simomax
There is currently Uranium Element sample - Uranyl Zinc Acetate (ZnUO2) for sale on Ebay (UK) (At the time of writing 04 October 2019). I have just received mine and it gets a respectable ~2000cpm sat right next to a SBM-20. This is the same seller I have gotten Uranium dioxide (UO2yellow cake) and Uranium trioxide (UO3) from. He seems reliable and have exchanged the odd email with him. If you decide to buy you will get a small amount, about 0.5g in a small vile (as terribly pictured below...). Also please note that I have absolutely no affiliation with the seller, he is simply someone I have bought a few different radioactive samples from. I am also not sure on whether he will ship abroad so if interested give him a shout. He may also still have some UO2 and UO3 available as I think his Ebay listings were taken down for those samples, so worth contacting him if interested.

Seems Ebay links don't work on the forum so search for 'Uranium Element sample - Uranyl Zinc Acetate - Geiger Counter Check Source'
Ebay item # 274019258194 and the seller is 'rogers-nuclear'

Edit: Please note this is a powder and as such extra precautions should be used when handling it. It is not something you want to inhale at all!

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Simomax.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #4801 by FSM19
Sadly I can't buy from ebay where I live, or at least without setting up a special banking facility. I have a few uranium compounds, but I have prepared them myself from samples of pitchblende I bought a few years ago when living in the UK. Currently I have uranium nitrate, triuranium octoxide, and uranium dioxide. BTW I am visiting a lead mine this weekend, where apparently some uranium minerals have been found. Actually didn't find any uranium minerals, but did get a bit of lead ore, and some furnace slag, which from its weight still contains a high concentration of lead.. No detectable gamma or beta from any of the samples.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by FSM19. Reason: Update.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds