× RadLog

RadLog v0.44 Ideas

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #4350 by GetSirius
Replied by GetSirius on topic RadLog v0.44 Ideas
I like the idea of moving the Graph settings, but a little different. My preference would be to keep the settings on the Graph page so you can see the results right away, but be able to hide them. They could overlay the graph when open. Just a beginners idea..
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by GetSirius.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #4360 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic RadLog v0.44 Ideas
Yeah that would work, I like the way you can immediately see changes. The graph does have a big wasted space where the settings are, so that, in combination with seeing changes is why they are there. I really don't like UI that buries settings under a zillion clicks, which seems to be the modern thing. Click Settings. Scroll down all the way. Then Click Advanced Settings. Scroll down all the way again. etc

More
4 weeks 1 day ago - 4 weeks 1 day ago #4396 by GetSirius
Replied by GetSirius on topic RadLog v0.44 Ideas
Having used Radlog 0.43 software for a few weeks now I have a couple of items on my wish list. I do like the software as it is. Seems to be running very stable on an old laptop running Win7.

1. Fix the issue where running local time causes the graph to cut a few hours off the end when running the maximum 24 hours.

2. Redesign graph as mentioned earlier. Maybe the CPM and CPM average legend on the right could be eliminated or placed at the bottom of the graph with the Time UTC line. This is a minor update in my opinion.

3. A manual range option for the graph would be nice. My example is not radiation related, but when using your software on my lightning detector there was one minute where the software registered near 150CPM (some local noise), while the remainder of the 24 hour period the CPM was between 0 and 20, when no storms are near the CPM is under 6 most of the time. The one minute excursion caused the graph to compress the other data quite a bit.

4. A way to remove data from local graph. Be able to remove data by time range, or by CPM value. For CPM value, there should be no low limit. I realize this is in place for radmon.org data, but it does not appear to be available for local graph, or FTP uploads to websites.

5. Zero CPM alarm should be able to be disabled when high CPM alarm is set. Make high alarm and zero alarm completely separate.

6. Make program show up normally in taskbar as most other windows programs do.

7. Ability to run on Linux, or at least easy to run using Wine. I have had no luck getting program to run using Wine in Linux Mint. I am a total novice at Linux.

Thanks for listening, thank you for the time put into this software!
Last edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by GetSirius.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds