How long before my station appears on here? Using a RadMon Plus

More
2 years 9 months ago #5827 by FSM19
Thanks for your response. Being negative pressure devices, if tubes leak, they simply stop working. Could also be due to dirt round the ht on the main counter board. Try swabbing with isopropyl alcohol, you want the high purity stuff (99% or better).

The following user(s) said Thank You: nzoomed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #5828 by mw0uzo

My comment seems to have disappeared into the aether.

This should now be fixed now - this was due to a bug in apache server that has since been fixed via package updates. The workaround has been removed which probably caused this issue.

More
2 years 9 months ago #5829 by mw0uzo
My SBM20 seems utterly dead. No counts, nada. I wonder if some more HV will bring it back to life??....

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #5830 by nzoomed

Thanks for your response. Being negative pressure devices, if tubes leak, they simply stop working. Could also be due to dirt round the ht on the main counter board. Try swabbing with isopropyl alcohol, you want the high purity stuff (99% or better).

I was told they can loose their "quenching gas" which can give high readings from one particle hitting the tube.
I put de-oxit on the contacts, they do appear to not have the greatest conductivity when probing with my multimeter in continuity mode.
Didnt seem to make much difference, but after slapping on some thorium mantles and giving it a real high reading, it seems to have settled down a bit.
Will keep you updated.
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by nzoomed.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds