questions about stations.

More
8 months 15 hours ago #6564 by Vinkx
- I think there is only one station per user. So if i want to add extra stations i create a new user ?
- can i delete a station that is going to be retired from an existing user and put in a new station ? For example hardware change ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #6565 by Juzzie
Replied by Juzzie on topic questions about stations.
Yes, one station per user, so you will need to create a new user for a new station. I have 4 stations, therefore I have four users.
Hardware change is as simple as editing your station Control Panel, unless you would like to start fresh with a new user.

Owner and operator of "southofhobart" monitoring stations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vinkx, Simomax

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #6567 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic questions about stations.
Exactly what Jussie said. 

It is planned for the future to have multiple stations per user account but until the code is written (its kinda halfway there) you will have to create a new user account for each station you wish to submit. Once I get around to implementing multiple stations per user I will figure out some way of migrating the stations into one user account. I will probably do this manually as it would be probably less than 10 users, maybe 20, and once it is done, it's done.

If you change/upgrade your hardware then simply give your new hardware the same credentials as the old hardware and it will simply carry on submitting to the account you specify. We don't delete stations. Stations that don't submit for a while (and the same for submitting consecutive 0's) are marked as dormant and after some time they are removed from the station list and map, however the records are kept forever but users can only store 2 or 5 years of records and the new readings will overwrite the oldest at 2 or 5 years. At least that is the current plan. If you wanted to remove a station you can either just stop submitting or ask (in the forum or send a PM) and the station will go dormant. A dormant station can be brought back online by simply submitting one reading and it will be marked as active again.

Any more questions please ask away. I really need to write a manual on how radmon works as the answers are all deeply buried in the forum in various posts over the years and in my head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vinkx

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds