Global average

More
8 years 2 months ago #1833 by DExUS
Global average was created by DExUS
Hi,

I was thinking about a feature that might get handy.
Average reading graphs for each of the continents, just like it was one station (daily, weekly, etc graphs)

So everyone can clearly see the state of the overall radiation progress (rising, falling)

I had seen some spikes in radiation in almost exact times on some stations, and I wonder that can be traced to something probably some cosmic event.

what do you think ?
is it possible to implement such a feature on the pages?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #1834 by mnrad
Replied by mnrad on topic Global average
Interesting idea! Think this would be cool to have a global average. However I think when you are talking continental or regional averages, it would need some normalizing.

Depending on the type of detector (pancake vs. standard tube, etc), stations that were at even the same location could have a background reading of 18, 50, 100, etc. Where you have a continent/region with more of one type of detector than another, the average would be 'artificially' inflated or deflated.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #1835 by DExUS
Replied by DExUS on topic Global average
a spike from 18CPM to 30CPM will be also equaly reflected on pancake detectors let's say from 100 to 180 or so , so the type of detector seems to me irelevant.
And it's easy to implement without any normalization :)
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by DExUS.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds