Checking user submitted news

More
7 years 2 months ago #2950 by NW8R
Replied by NW8R on topic Checking user submitted news
My unpunished article showed up in News when logged in with my ID but it will not show without login. Did you scroll down through News to look for it! If you find it you can edit it, but Admin needs to publish it. After today, you should be able to set all new articles to publish. I did not test saving it unpublished then going back at a later time and try to set it to publish.

Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #2951 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Checking user submitted news

I saved 2 unpublished test articles, but I can't seem to get them back for further editing/publishing. I don't actually want them, but I can see someone saving an article with Status set to unpublished, going away, then coming back to finish it and publish it. The 'Versions' button looks like it should show past versions of article with the same title, but I don't see how to see all the titles I have saved. Maybe I just need a pointer.

I deleted one of them after NW8R confirmed that it was working properly, so that might have confused the matter. It should definitely work the way you suggest though. I can see you made another test article. Is the versions button greyed out? I might need to add some extra permissions.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #2952 by daniel
Replied by daniel on topic Checking user submitted news
dan, mw0uzo here
I have enabled the image upload etc for articles.

Everything seems to work, including the version history feature.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by daniel.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #2962 by Bert490
The versions button is enabled, but pulls up a blank list for me.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Bert490.

More
7 years 2 months ago #2976 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Checking user submitted news
Ok Bert, I'm not sure what's happened there. It's possible I again deleted some of the test articles before you got a chance to test (doh)

Bob, the article on the sniffer plane flying to Norway expired as there was an end date set on it. There appears there is no way, even as admin for me to edit it through the article editor. So I have just deleted it, resubmit if you wish.

More
7 years 1 month ago #3008 by Bert490
I tried using the Submit function again, and it was still giving me trouble but now I figured it out! When I Saved the text, it gave a submit message and cleared the screen. The only way to retrieve it was to click 'Articles' on the bottom of the window (scrolled down to see it), and selected my article from the full list. The edit window showed my title (in the main body now) but not the text. Then at the top of the edit window, 'File', 'Restore last draft' was used to bring it all back.

Now another question:
Can I insert images from a local drive? Regular posts require an online url, but Photobucket seems to be failing at the moment, and Flickr seems to show only a web page with the image, not just the image.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds