When the shit hits the fan

More
7 years 10 months ago #2157 by scavenger
Hi!

Austria is surrounded by contries which have NPP´s. Some of them have aged but will do their job at least till 2040 (this has been decided by the concerned gouvernments this year).
We are allowed to buy Kalium Iodine 65mg pills without any restriction and they are held avaliable by the authorities in every school and even kindergarden in austria.
I think in the case of emergency it will be hard to get them because everyone will try to get the iodine pills then.
For my preparation i own 10 daily dose for adults (2 pills each).

The nearest NPP to my location is Krško in Slovenja which was build in the 1970´s.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gamma-Man

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #2162 by Gamma-Man
I now realize that I should have been the first to explain how it is in Sweden.
Here it comes:

Do you have iodine tablets?
Yes I have iodine tablets, bought from our friendly neighboring country Finland

Have you got these pills from the authorities?
No, pills from the authorities is only given to inhabitants within an area with radius 12-15 km from a NPP

Can you buy iodine tablets without any restrictions in your area?
In theory I can buy iodine tablets without any restrictions but the pharmacies don´t have it in stock and you can´t order

How far away from the nearest NPP do you live?
I live approx. 110 km from the nearest NPP

Have you estimated how long time it will take before radioactive wind will reach your home in “normal” windspeed with wind towards you?
Yes I have estimated how long time it will take before radioactive wind will reach my home in “normal” windspeed with wind towards me. Normal windspeed seems to be approx. 4 m/sec.
This gives me 7 hours to prepare my household for whats coming. If an accident happens in the evening I have no chance to get iodine tablets in time.

I'm glad that radmon.org and RadLog exist and that the Finns sell tablets....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds