How long before 'dead' stations dissapear from the map?

• Simomax
  • Simomax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Nuts about radioactive everything!
More
4 years 8 months ago #4535 by Simomax
Hi all,

I'm wondering how long it is before 'dead' stations (that haven't reported in some time) are removed from the map? I have one close to me that is in the red but hasn't been seen for a month (https://radmon.org/radmon.php?function=showuserpage&user=joseph)

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #4549 by mw0uzo
They should disappear after a month. And the red alert circles won't appear on top if the data gets over a week old.

These are arbitrary limits set by me, discussion on more suitable limits welcome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simomax

• Simomax
More
4 years 8 months ago #4550 by Simomax
The station disappeared from the map the day after I posted the thread. Those limits seem sensible to me.

Would it be possible for stations to change colour on the map if they haven't reported for a few days? Say a week or so. Are the darker colours still used for experimental stations? If not would it be possible for them to change to the darker colours after a week? It's just a thought but would make it nice and easy to spot which stations are live(ish) and up to date.

More
4 years 7 months ago #4637 by g346342
I would suggest that you do not accept 0 as a value for CPM, in some cases some microcontrollers/software will post a 0 while the Geiger counter was disconnected and it produces a "hole" in the chart.

Also would be nice to have "erase" button to delete all your data in case you make changes in your setup or you finished the test period

More
4 years 7 months ago #4641 by Bert490
Actually, you can delete datapoints from your history, up to a week before. In Radlog on the Radmon.org tab, you can choose to delete data above any value for the last 1-168 hours.

• Simomax
More
4 years 7 months ago #4646 by Simomax

I would suggest that you do not accept 0 as a value for CPM, in some cases some microcontrollers/software will post a 0 while the Geiger counter was disconnected and it produces a "hole" in the chart.

I don't quite understand what you mean by this. If a counter is not working then surely a 'hole' in the chart would be the best thing to show there was an outage of some kind?

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds