Radslug is offline. Should be back online tonight (USA/PST)

More
6 years 7 months ago #3546 by Radslug
And I just noticed Radslug is once again offline. Currently the station consists of a Geiger Kit detector in a plexi case w/open sides, a PL2303 style serial to usb converter & the SLUG (Linksys NSLU2 w/firmware flashed to some tiny linux distro), which is plugged directly into our router & on the same UPS. I thought that would solve the reliability problems. I was wrong.

Our youngest cat thinks the thin little wires that go from the PL2303 to the detector are obviously there for her to bat & knocked them off the serial pins. Several times now. Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and put everything in a single case. Anyway, I'll reset the station tonight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #3547 by Radslug
Grrrr. Reset didn't work. The server is headless so I'll have to telnet/SSH in tonight.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #3568 by Radslug
Well, that's fixed. For whatever reason though, when I was trying to reset the NSLU2 & then mute the Geiger Kit on Sept 2nd, it threw the kit into a strange condition where it thought it was reading 32k cpm! Another reboot cleared it but now my charts are a bit wonky, esp the monthly & quarterly (do they top out at around 900?).
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Radslug. Reason: grammar fix

More
6 years 7 months ago #3569 by Bert490
I know only how to delete erroneously high readings if they are caught within 1 week (it's on the Radmon tab of Radlog). Longer than that, I think only the admin can delete data.

More
6 years 7 months ago #3575 by Radslug
Thank you. I've not installed or used Radmon since...the first month after I signed up, to initially set up the account/station. If it really bothers me enough I'll email but I've decided it's not worth bothering him. It'll roll off in a week/month/quarter. Thanks again, I'll keep that in mind for next time b/c I'm sure there will be one... :-)

More
6 years 2 months ago #3803 by Radslug
Update: Our home network updates are nearly complete. Radslug is still running off a NSLU2, but it is in it's permanent location in the library, hooked up to the UPS that also feeds the cable modem, gigabit switch, router & WiFi WAP. Everything seems very solid now.

That said, there will likely be a disruption next weekend or the one after that as I integrate the new homebuilt router (pfsense on a low power miniITX). I'm tired of flaky router/wifi combos.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds