ESPGeiger

More
7 months 4 days ago - 7 months 4 days ago #6677 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic ESPGeiger
Also, what is the µSv ratio for an SBM-20? I'm used to it as 0.57. I know the GC10 uses the same kind of ratio as your firmware and I do have the calculation somewhere, on some text document on how to convert to/from each of the formats. Is 151 the correct ratio for a SBM-20?
Last edit: 7 months 4 days ago by Simomax.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 days ago - 7 months 4 days ago #6681 by steadramon
Replied by steadramon on topic ESPGeiger
Odd! Might have been something else grabbing the Serial after startup?

I'm glad it's running.

Connection - if mDNS works on your network, then connecting to http://espgeiger-e295a2.local should work!

RE: D7 - oops! Totally 100% my oversight - I will adjust the images shortly!

The following pages are useful for conversion rate -
https://iot-devices.com.ua/en/technical-note-how-to-calculate-the-conversion-factor-for-geiger-tube-sbm20/
https://sites.google.com/site/diygeigercounter/technical/gm-tubes-supported

There are a few disputed values for the SBM20 - as detailed above.

A suitable value here would be 175 for SBM20 - I might add a table of values to the github -

1/0.00570 = 175.4

Paul
Last edit: 7 months 4 days ago by steadramon.

More
7 months 4 days ago #6682 by Simomax

Odd! Might have been something else grabbing the Serial after startup?

Odd for sure. No, I really don't think anything was grabbing it. I'm not using anything (other than programming the ESP) that is accessing serial ports. I do suspect something on my PC though. I do have a boat load of drivers and all sorts installed on this machine from previous work with all sorts. It could be something like that, or maybe my AV as that does integrate with the browsers. I was literally using the web install tool for convenience. I would normally just grab the source, throw it in my IDE and compile and upload there. But it really is a convenient method. Saved a boat load of time and many mouse clicks. If it ever reoccurs, or is a problem. But as you haven't seen that before just assume it is something at my end.

Connection - if mDNS works on your network, then connecting to http://espgeiger-e295a2.local should work!

Yep, works a treat! That'll make it easier for other people.

No worries about D7. It just threw me off a little until I noticed the INT pin, or whatever it said in the startup log.

I have literally just gone back through my notes and docs and come to the exact same conclusion as you about the conversion factor. I went through all this when I got my first GC10 (7 years ago now?). I had forgotten what I set my GC10 to, or what it as set at. After looking, mine is set at 175. I think I may have changed mine years back. I mean, I know I did change it, but can't remember if I changed it to something else, or changed it back or whatever. I have a doc named 'My default parameters', and in that it is set at 175. I never look at the screen for that GC10. Never really have done since I screwed it to my workshop. I'll have to interrogate it. I have generally always used the 0.0057 type value, and have used that in all my code, so is kinda the norm to me.

I couldn't find the equation but worked it out again, right as you post your reply! Both ways are below in case someone else may be interested:
1 / 0.0057 = 175.4
1 / 175.4 = 0.0057

All in all, despite the initial wobble (probably my PC), It was super easy to setup and configure. I can see that becoming my go to firmware now. Shame it doesn't support Blynk, I think I would have to add that as I use Blynk with all of my counters and sensors now - I run a local Blynk server so is free, but they released a major new version so the app I'm using won't ever get updated. Still, it works well for me, and looks pretty.

Nice work with ESPGeiger. Just need a nice board to plug the ESP and tube into! 

More
7 months 4 days ago #6683 by steadramon
I'll be putting together a nicer user manual, going from building, configuration, updating etc etc - all of this is very useful feedback.

Re: Blynk - there's always possibility/potential! I haven't used Blynk personally but there's no reason the firmware can't support it as all of the outputs are written in a plugin style that extends the main counter code. I've never used Blynk but I'll put it on the list to investigate.

Hint taken - I wanted to get this in a good position so things were easy to support these posts have given me a boost :)

More
7 months 4 days ago #6684 by Simomax
It wasn't a hint. I'll happily write some code if I had to, Just not right now. My head is full of other stuff, and work is quite tiring at the moment.

If you do want to have a poke though, I can set you up on my Blynk server and I have the Android APK somewhere, so can get that to you as it has been taken off the app store. It was always an expensive option unless you run your own server, so I have a feeling they had a big update and changed the way their model even worked, to make it more expensive as people were running their own servers.

More
7 months 3 days ago - 7 months 3 days ago #6685 by steadramon
I've had a look into Blynk a little. To support the newer Blynk, the firmware needs to be built around their framework, rather than included. It seems to force you to use specific project IDs etc - I assume this is to lock you into their infrastructure etc.
Blynk Legacy looks like it could be supported - I think this is what you're referring to, but hesistant as it seems to have been EOL a while now.
Last edit: 7 months 3 days ago by steadramon.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds